LEARN THE FUNDAMENTAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CLASSICAL VS. MODERN EDUCATION!!!
To cultivate students who are physically, intellectually, morally, and spiritually flourishing, teachers have to understand the fundamental difference between classical and modern educational assumptions and approaches.
This faculty development video series provides the resources you need to provide just such an understanding among your faculty!
In this masterful work, C.S. Lewis observes how modern education is in fact changing our conception of what it means to be human. By sequestering the student from the objective values that formed the basis for virtue formation, modern educational practices perpetuate a mechanistic vision of the world comprised of scientifically inspired control over nature and, as a necessary consequence, humans. The Abolition of Man is C.S. Lewis’ invitation to rediscover the doctrine of objective values and, in so doing, rediscover what it means to be truly human.
Here Is A Preview Of What You'll Learn...
- How to understand and articulate the difference between classical and modern educational approaches
- What is meant by the classical emphasis on virtue formation
- How our notion of the educated person has changed over the centuries
- The consequences of modern education for what it means to be human
- How the current classical education renewal is effectively challenging these secular assumptions
- And much, much more!
In this video-based E-Learning course, you'll get...
- Six 20-30 minutes video modules
- An outline for each video module
- A list of discussion questions with answers for each lesson
- A downloadable 20-page Ebook on Classical vs. Modern Education
- Bonus Q&A videos to further clarify and facilitate discussion
- Links to various resources
A faculty of colleagues and friends who love classical education and who enthusiastically invite our students and their families into sharing a Christian vision of the world begins with understanding the difference between classical and modern education.
Take action today and awaken your faculty to a world of educational flourishing!!!
Download Your Course Today!!!
Steve Turley (Ph.D., Durham University) is an internationally recognized scholar, speaker, blogger, and prize-winning classical guitarist. He is the author of over seven books, including Awakening Wonder: A Classical Guide to Truth, Goodness, and Beauty (Classical Academic Press) and The Ritualized Revelation of the Messianic Age: Washings and Meals in Galatians and 1 Corinthians (T&T Clark). Steve blogs on the church, society and culture, education, and the arts at TurleyTalks.com. He is a faculty member at Tall Oaks Classical School in Newark, DE, where he teaches Theology, Greek, and Rhetoric, and Professor of Fine Arts at Eastern University. Steve lectures at universities, conferences, and churches throughout the U.S. and abroad. His research and writings have appeared in such journals as Christianity and Literature, Calvin Theological Journal, First Things, Touchstone, and The Chesterton Review, and he is a regular contributor to The Imaginative Conservative and The Christian Post. Steve and his wife, Akiko, have four children and live in Newark, DE, where they together enjoy fishing, gardening, and watching Duck Dynasty marathons.